June 19, 2013
Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre to partially open after Labour Day
The restoration of Keyano’s Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre (SSWC) has begun. The Centre will be partially open after the Labour Day long weekend with new surfaces, technology and fitness equipment following the recent flood.
“As the Athletic Director, I am excited that we will launch the 2013-14 season with new surfaces, upgrades, dressing rooms and all the latest fitness training equipment. On behalf of Keyano staff we thank you for your ongoing support during these challenging times,” said Wade Kolmel, Director, Sport & Wellness, Keyano College.
ASDC and Be Fit for Life initiatives will continue to offer their programs and services to the community throughout the municipality. Student, staff, and community memberships will be honoured continually at the YMCA of Wood Buffalo and at MacDonald Island Park.
“Our regular bookings for the 2013/14 season are progressing as planned, however, we won't be taking bookings over the summer months,” explained Jennie Walker, Marketing & Events Manager, Keyano Sport & Wellness.
“We thank all our members, students and staff for their continued understanding and patience. We encourage members to use the YMCA or the Suncor Leisure Centre at MacDonald Island,” Walker added.
Official SSWC membership cards will be printed and hand-delivered by July to the addresses members provided to our guest services.
For more information, please contact:
Marketing and Events Manager
Keyano Sport & Wellness
For real time updates follow us on Twitter @keyanocollege
Construction of the Sport & Wellness Centre began on April 7, 2006 when the first piling was drilled with an occupancy date of September 24, 2007.
The Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre provides people with quality and diverse sport and wellness opportunities through education, training, programming and facilities.
Providing a mixture of structured and casual sport and wellness opportunities that embrace the needs of Keyano College, residents of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB), as well as local/regional/and provincial sporting organizations, we are committed to:
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment within our facility
- Providing programs and services that promote individual and community development
- Providing adult and youth programming initiatives that promote healthy and active lifestyles
- Developing and implementing resources and programming that reach out to the prominent "Shift Worker" population of the RMWB
- Providing high performance training for those athletes wanting to pursue athletics at an elite level, and continuing the commitment of Keyano College to provide excellent education training and services
- Alberta Sport Development Centre - North East
- Keyano College Huskies Athletics
- Adult Sport Programming
- Youth Sport Programming
- Fitness Centre
- Shifting to Wellness
- Be Fit for Life