Employees Computer Usage Terms
All Keyano College electronic communication systems, including, but not limited to facsimiles, computers, network file servers, network or system peripherals, network wireless, computer data and program files, email and internet accessibility, as well as software furnished to you are the property of Keyano College and are intended for academic and administrative use only. It is important to remember that access to the internet and shared system resources is a privilege and not a right.
The following regulations shall apply to all Keyano College employees regarding the use of the aforementioned systems:
- Keyano College prohibits the illegal duplication of software and documentation.
- Privately owned or non-standardized software may not be installed on any Keyano College computer or network without the approval of the Chief Information Officer.
- You are not permitted to use any code or password issued to another person in order to access, view, or retrieve information from any computer, network file server, network or system peripheral, email account, internet site, computer or program file either inside or outside the College's network system.
- You shall not give your Keyano Electronic Credentials (login account name nor password) to any other individual for any reason. You are responsible for any repercussion if your Keyano Electronic credentials are used by others. Protect your Keyano electronic credentials.
- You shall not gain or attempt to gain access to any computer, network file server, network or system peripheral, email account, internet site, computer or program file either inside or outside the College's network system without specific authority or rights to such access.
- Keyano College may restrict or discontinue access to some or all internet and or network resources at any time without prior notice.
- You shall not download, view, store or forward pornographic images or any other obscene or offensive materials.
- Keyano College prohibits the use of computers in any manner that violate FOIP.
- Keyano College prohibits the usage of its electronic communications system for commercial gain or profit or as an advertising medium for any non-Keyano College interest without the proper approval of the college administration.
- Keyano College is not responsible for any personal damage as a result of loss of data, inaccuracy of data, delays in processing of data or non-delivery of data over its electronic communications system.
- Keyano College prohibits the use of its electronic communications system for any illegal activity.
- Upon the termination or absence of the employee, Keyano College reserves the right to access, without permission, the information on any files, documents, materials and other media (including, without limitation, electronic media) embodying such information that pertains to the operation of the college.
- Confidential information on any files, documents, materials and other media (including, without limitation, electronic media) embodying such information that pertains to the operation of the college must be stored on college designated areas as specified by the college Deans and Directors or their designates. The college reserve the right to access such information without permission if they were stored in other areas.