Youth & Family Counsellor I
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood's Homes is a non-profit, nationally accredited children’s mental health treatment centre, based in Calgary. Our regional programs are located in Canmore, Strathmore, Lethbridge, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, NWT. We have more than 350 dedicated employees.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Youth & Family Counsellor I for our Stepping Stones Youth Services Program, Fort McMurray. This program is a temporary shelter for homeless young people.
The Youth/Family Counsellor is the primary worker with young people, normally on rotating shifts that provide coverage twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
This position reports to the Manager of the Stepping Stones Youth program.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Implementing and maintaining a structured setting fostering the development of personal and social functioning for each resident.
· Participating in supervisory and team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and in-service training.
· Conducting therapeutic responsibilities for young adults and their families including attendance and intervention at case conferences, consultations, school meetings, doctor’s appointments, family meetings and related case management.
· Must be an effective, mature and appropriate role model for each resident.
· Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Nursing
· Minimum two (2) years of related experience in working with young people in a residential setting.
· Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
· Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus)
via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition code 'Y1299kc’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit us at woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.