Health Services on campus are cost free to students. Students with medical problems are encouraged to inform the nurse, so that she may assist them more effectively, should a problem arise. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that he/she has valid coverage under a provincial health plan.
The Health Office is located on the Clearwater Campus next to the Bookstore. This service is open to both students and staff.
Hours of operation:
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
OUTSIDE OF REGULAR HOURS PLEASE CALL:
- 911 for medical emergencies
- Campus Security at 780-791-4911 or ext 4911 for first aid
- health education, health counselling and promotion
- first aid and emergency treatment
- referrals to doctors, dentists, etc.
- pregnancy testing
- blood pressure monitoring
- classroom presentations
- blood sugar
- Flu shots
- Assessment of and possible provision of short term procedures (dressing change, suture removal, etc.)
- Pandemic Information
- Hearing Testing