Partner of the Month
The Continuing Education team at Keyano College is proud to have partnerships with industry, post secondary institutions, professional groups and professional accreditations.
This month we feature:
Massage Therapy Training
Alberta Massage Training offers programs in 5 cities across Alberta. We have been delivering our programs in partnership with Keyano College since 2003. We pride ourselves in teaching people how to be successful in their work. We are abreast with the changes of the profession and are prepared should any government regulation come forth.
We offer two programs adding to a total of 2200 hours, which is considered the norm across Canada. Graduates from the first program can enter the professional work world with great confidence or continue into the second year Massage Therapy Diploma Program.
Our flexible learning may be the right choice for you if:
• You would like a career in massage therapy, but a full time on-campus schedule is not right for you
• You are currently employed, a student or have an otherwise busy lifestyle
We can arrange for you to visit a class in session.
Our flexible learning approach combines distance learning with regular in-class tutorials. You will work through directed readings and specific content on your own and receive credit for those hours spent away from class. Email, fax and telephone access are always available to reach our instructors. Written testing and hands on skills will dominate the in-class section of the course.
Graduating students are tracked to assess their employment success and how well the course prepared them for their professional responsibilities. We analyze all comments seriously to review and revise the course as needed.
Swedish Relaxation Certificate Program (900 Hours)
30 weeks part-time in class and part-time home study, eight 2-day weekends in class.
Classes Begin: January & September.
This Certificate program provides the Graduate with the knowledge of the most common form of massage in North America. Graduation from this program will be eligible to become a registered member of the Natural Health Practitioners of Canada which has the largest number of Massage Therapist members in Alberta. Employment opportunities exist in gymnasiums, health spas, on cruise ships, at holiday resorts; however, most practitioners are in private practice.
Prerequisite: Student must meet one of the following criteria: Alberta High School Diploma or equivalent or Applicant may apply as a mature student. Student must provide transcript prior to attending.
2011 - 2012 Fees for Swedish Relaxation massage program:
Tuition $ 6,450.00
Supplies/Books $ 475.00
Massage Table Allowance $ 350.00
Total Costs $ 7,275.00
Massage Therapy Diploma Program (1300 hours)
44 weeks part-time in class and part-time home study, eleven 2-day weekends in class.
Classes Begin: September, 2011.
This program will be offered starting September 2012 using the same format of study as the Swedish Relaxation Massage program. The Massage Therapy Program provides the student with an opportunity to learn deep tissue massage, fascia release, stretching, orthopedic assessment and treatment of pathologies of the entire musculoskeletal system. To be able to treat such things as whiplash, headaches, low back pain and many other conditions normally treated by highly qualified Massage Therapists. We also teach how to work closely with other healthcare professionals such as Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, and Physiotherapists. These skills allow the graduate to be a professional in the mainstream healthcare system. Graduates will have the opportunity to assess and treat all conditions generally requiring therapeutic massage and to advise clients in after care and/or referral to other health care professionals.
Graduates of this program will have a total of 2200 hours- the generally recognized standard required by professional organizations across Canada.
Prerequisite: Swedish Relaxation Massage or program considered equivalent
2011 - 2012 Fees for Massage Therapy Program:
Tuition $ 6,450.00
Supplies/Books $ 475.00
Total Costs $ 6,925.00
Becoming a Student at Alberta Massage Training
1) Complete an application, either from our website or request one be mailed or faxed to you.
2) Send in the completed application to the address on the application, (this in no way obligates to pay any fees or to enroll in the school).
3) The school will be in contact with you to answer any questions you may have, to interview you, and if mutually agreeable to invite you to enroll.
4) The school will enter into a contract of tuition with you that requires you to pay a registration fee of $150.00 that is nonrefundable after three days. This holds your seat in the class.
5) You can contact the school to arrange for your books to be sent to you, allowing you to read ahead. There will be a reading assignment included in the package for you to complete before you attend the first classroom session.
6) On or before the beginning of the program, you will pay the tuition in full less the $150.00 registration fee. A payment plan is available upon request.
To register, contact:
#211, 11402-100 Street
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2N5
Phone: (780) 743-1467
1-877-768-8400 (Toll Free)
Fax: (780) 513-1362