Services for Community Members
The Alberta Library (TAL) Card
- The Alberta Library is a province-wide consortium aimed at providing Albertans with barrier-free access to the materials and information resources in all libraries without additional registration fees. Visit the circulation desk of your home library to obtain your card.
Alberta residents with TAL cards from other Alberta Libraries are eligible to borrow books from Keyano College Library. Photo ID with current local address must be presented to complete application.
Alberta Library (TAL) Cardholders
- Borrow up to 5 books and/or CDs at a time.
- 2 week loan period with maximum 1 renewal.
- TAL cardholders may access educational DVDs/videos, reference materials, newspapers, or periodicals in the library only.
- Memberships expires the same day as the TAL Card.
Computers for Public Use
- Public members may use the Keyano College Library computers free of charge. However, picture ID must be presented to library staff in order to gain access to the computers. There are 8 computers reserved for the Public, and they are available on a first come, first serve basis with a 3 hour time limit per day. Keyano College reserves the right to monitor all computer files and internet use without prior notice. Viewing inappropriate content is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent termination of computer usage privileges.
- A Statement of Appropriate Use must be read and signed before community members will be logged onto any Keyano Library computers.
- Print cards may be purchased from the Bookstore in varying amounts, or at the Library Circulation Desk for $1.