How to Log On to a Keyano Computer
If you are a student:
- A Keyano network ID (KEID) is required to log onto any computer on campus.
- Your KEID is created by IT Services using a combination of your first and last name and the last three digits of your student ID.
It will have this format:
Your first name / decimal / your last name / last three digits of your student ID
E.g. john.doe123 (no spaces & not case sensitive)
- The network system will only allow a maximum of 20 characters including the decimal, so if you have a very long name it will be shortened. Please come to the Circulation Desk at the Library for help if this is the case (photo ID will be required).
- The initial default password that the network system creates for you will have this format:
first initial of your first name / $ / first initial of your last name / $ / ddmmyyyy (your date of birth in this format)
E.g. j$d$05011980 is the default passowrd for John Doe born January 5, 1980 (no spaces and lower case letters must be used)
- If you successfully log onto a computer with your default password you will immediately be prompted to change your password.
The requirements for the unique password are:
- It must be at least 7 characters long
- Your first and/or last name cannot be used
Must contain at least 3 of the following 4:
- English uppercase letters (A through Z)
- English lowercase letters (a through z)
- Single digits 0 through 9
- Non-alphabetic keyboard characters (!,$,*,%, etc)
- Your KEID will always remain the same, but your unique password can be changed anytime. Passwords expire after 90 days.
- Assistance in changing passwords can be obtained at the Circulation Desk in the Library (photo ID will be required.)
If you are NOT a student:
- On campus, access to computers for guests is restricted to specific computers in the Library during Library hours. Access to the wireless network (WiFi) is restricted to the Library as well.
- Photo ID is required every time a guest wishes to use a computer or the wireless network.
- Library staff will create a temporary login and will remotely start the computer or enter the temporary access on the wireless device.
- Guests are expected to read, sign and abide by the Statement of Appropriate Use and our Library Rules of Etiquette.